Friday, October 22, 2010

Update on Lincoln

Lincoln's had is cochlear implant for 6 months now so I thought it was time for an update. I am SO happy to say that he is doing FABULOUS! That is actually a direct quote from his teacher. I can say with total confidence that he is hearing, listening, and in the beginning stages of talking. Lincoln is experimenting with his voice, babbling, and is learning that language is powerful. He says Mama, Dada, night night, Buba, meow, and arf-arf. He can imitate the following sounds: ah, ooh, ga, u, sh, o, ha, he, and continues to add more sounds daily. he impresses me everyday. It is such a joy to watch him explore the world of sound. He works hard attending school 3 days a week. His teachers tell me Lincoln has not only met but exceed their expectations. Soon we will hear him start to put these speech sound together to make more words. Excitement Awaits....



This little guy melts my heart

3 comments:

Jan said...

...and your loving words bring tears to my eyes! Way to go Lincoln!

melissa said...

What an adorable picture of Lincoln!!

Robyn...Mom said...

Love the little guy on the surfboard!